Boston Cream Cheesecake Recipe
Let's be real, who doesn't like cheesecake?
This recipe makes a fabulous and low-carb Boston cream cheesecake. Bonus: this cake has a layer of gluten-free cake and is topped with cheesecake and a final layer of chocolate!
This recipe is from Low Carb Yum.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup low carb sweetener or another sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 3 blocks cream cheese (8 ounces each), softened
- 3/4 cup low carb sweetener or other sugar replacement
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 ounces low carb dark chocolate or 3 oz Lakanto chocolate bar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 9 or 10-inch springform pan, set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a bowl of stand mixer cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and
- vanilla and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and milk in alternating amounts, starting and ending with flour. Stir until just
- Pour in a springform pan. Bake for 25 minutes until centre is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325
- In a bowl of a stand mixer beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Separately whisk eggs with a fork in a small bowl, add beaten eggs to cream cheese mixture on low until just combined. Stir in sour cream. Pour mixture over cake in the springform pan, spreading to cover.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the outside edges appear set when gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of cake from the pan by running a butter knife around the cake. Allow the cake to cool completely. Cover cake and chill for at least 4 hours.
- When the cheesecake is chilled heat heavy cream in a small saucepan until it almost comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Stir in butter until smooth.
- Chill for 15 minutes and then spread over top of the cake.
- Chill until ready to serve.